Tuesday 8 July 2014

Winter Essentials


It's Winter and both our fashion and skin care regime tends to change in the colder months. Here are my winter essentials which get me through those long winter months. 

1. I like to switch up my nail polish quite frequently and tend to match it to what colours I'm wearing - which in winter, is usually black or darker colours. These two nail polishes from O.P.I are perfect to accompany a darker outfit in winter. The colours are: 'Got the blues for red' and 'OPI ink'

2. My lips get chapped very easily in winter and let's face it - dried, cracked up lips isn't a good look. To keep mine soft and moisturised I use the Lush Mint Julips Lip Scrub, followed with Lucas Pawpaw Ointment. I cannot say enough good things about both these products! 

3. As I match my nails to my outfit, I also do with my lips. I love a bold coloured lip and these colours are perfect for a pop of colour.
~ Mac Rebel (Satin)
~ Mac Ruby Woo (Matte)
~ Makeup Forever Rouge Artist Intense No. 48 

4. A scarf is a great "in between" clothing item; where it either may not be cold enough for a jacket or you simply are not warm enough with your jacket alone. It's practical, yet stylish and can be the stand out pop of colour in your outfit. Since I do wear a lot of black, I always wear bright coloured scarves like these red and blue ones. 

5. My skin is usually very oily, but in winter it does get the odd dry patch which doesn't make applying makeup easy. I like to keep my face hydrated with Mac Strobe Cream and my body with O.P.I Avojuice Ginger Lily hand & body lotion. Even though it is winter, you need to keep your skin protected from the sun by wearing sunscreen everyday. I like to use Neutrogena Anti-Wrinkle deep wrinkle daily moisturiser with SPF15. It doesn't leave my skin oily and is a great base for my makeup. 

6. A pair of black boots are a must in winter and are so versatile. I bought this heeled pair from Wittner Shoes last season and they're still going strong. They are so comfy and can be either dressed up or down. I also keep a good pair of black, flat boots on hand in winter for a great Sunday shopping outfit. 

I hope you've picked up a few winter tips from me and do let me know what your winter essentials are!

No comments:

Post a Comment