Saturday 10 May 2014

Make me up!


 
I love makeup is a bit of an understatement I guess! I'll take you through my beloved makeup collection and some of my favourite brands and where I buy products from.
 
I know you probably look at this collection and think, wow that's ALOT of makeup, but I have collected everything over a number of years not just overnight.
 
Starting at the base with primer and foundation; my staple primer is Benefit's Porefessional. I'm also loving Mac's Strobe Cream as an illuminating base under foundation. Speaking of, I'm always changing up my foundation and have never really stuck to one that I purchase over and over. Currently I'm loving the Chanel Vitalumiere Fluide Makeup in #20 Clair for a more natural, dewy finish.
 
My lipstick collection is probably my favourite! I recently did a post on my entire Mac lipstick collection, so be sure to check that out if you'd like to see swatches and names. Some of my favourites brands are Maybelline, YSL & Mac. I'm not a huge lip gloss user even though I do have quite a few. I love the colours and textures of the NYX Butter Glosses - so creamy! 
 
To highlight those dark and dreary under eyes, I love a number of concealers: Mac Pro Longwear, Rimmel Wake Me Up & Maybelline Age Rewind. Concealers always find a way to crease on me, but I find setting them with a powder slows down this process and makes it last longer.
 
While were on the topic of powder, some of the products above are:
Mac Mineralise Skinfinish, Chanel Natural Finish Pressed Powder, Nars blush in Orgasm, Bobbi Brown Bronzer in #1 Light. I'm yet to really explore a good mattifying face powder for oily skin. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to leave them below :)
 
My brushes of choice are Sigma and Real Techniques. I also am obsessed with the famous Beauty Blender!
 
I wear false lashes quite a lot when I go out. I think they just make my eyes appear a lot larger - which I love! I buy all my lashes from Madame Madeline. They're prices are very reasonable and the more you purchase, the cheaper the lashes! Bonus! I always use my Duo lash glue to apply and I got mine from America but you can buy it here.
 
My collection is kept neat and tidy inside my clear makeup box from The Makeup Box Shop. Not only is it handy to have everything in one place, but it looks pretty when you can see all your products :)
 
Well that just about sums it up! I hope you enjoyed looking into my makeup collection and  maybe it inspired you to be adventurous and try something new!


No comments:

Post a Comment