Sunday 19 April 2015

Current Skincare Routine

 
It's taken me a long time to find the perfect mix of suitable products and I can safely say these are the ones that keep my skin looking it's best and I'd recommend to anyone with oily, breakout prone skin.
 
Throughout school my skin was always a combination type, with no breakout issues. Fast forward six years after high school and my skin started breaking out often and became very oily. This change may have had something to do with all the different products I was testing out so I decided to keep it simple and stick to the basics and this method has worked for my skin over the past couple of years.
 
Removing makeup is such an important part to any skincare routine and should be done before going to bed. Your skin needs time to breath and wearing makeup overnight can block pores and cause more breakouts. My all time favourite makeup remover is the Bioderma Sensibio H2O Micelle Solution because this seriously feels like water and it removes all traces of makeup on the skin - it's amazing!
 
 Finding the perfect cleanser for sensitive skin has been the hardest on my skincare journey but I have found the answer in Perricone MD's Hypoallergenic Gentle Cleanser. Dr Perricone is a Dermatologist, using clinically proven formulas to help achieve clear, beautiful skin. Along with cleanser I use the Clarisonic Mia 2 at night for a deep clean, while still being gentle on my sensitive skin. The clarisonic really clears out the pores, removes dead skin and keeps my skin looking bright and radiant.
 
At night after cleansing, my skin can sometimes feel a tad dry and to put some moisture back in I use the Chanel Le Lift Crème Fine. This is the most luxurious face cream I've ever tried! It's pricey but totally worth the money.
 
Let's face it, even with all these miracle products I still do get breakouts and sometimes if I catch it early I can stop them before taking over my face (bit of an exaggeration I know but they're no fun!). When I see even the slightest sign of a pimple I dab the amazing Mario Badescu drying lotion and like magic the pimple is gone by morning. With a blend of Calamine and Salicylic Acid it dries pimples out overnight.
 
I generally only rinse my face with water in the morning as my skin can get irritated if I cleanse too often. After rinsing and patting dry, I always apply some Origins ginzing refreshing eye cream to brighten up those dark circles. With Coffee Bean and Panax Ginseng, this eye cream gives skin an instant lift and Magnolia Bark adds light to help fade dark spots. It a nice refreshing pick me up in the mornings.
 
In Australia, we can face some harsh sunny days so it's important to protect your skin by using an SPF moisturiser. The Neutrogena deep wrinkle daily moisturiser with SPF15 is the perfect daily protection as it's not oily and soaks into the skin very quickly. If your skin is dry and you need more moisture, try using a serum first.
 
I would recommend these products as they have definitely transformed my skin, but keep in mind your skin type and what is best for you.
 
Let me know what your holy grail skin care products are?

No comments:

Post a Comment